Surge Leadership Program – Media and Communications Coordinator
Generally 2 – 5 hours per week for the duration of the project.
The Youth Without Borders Surge Leadership Program is a high school leadership development program for high potential students from schools who lack the resources to dedicate to the targeted development of their student’s potential. Currently the program is run once annually and works with students from the 13 schools who are part of the ENABLE Network in South Brisbane. Year 11 students who are applying for or have been elected into leadership positions (like prefect, sports captain, school captain, etc.) take part in the program which introduces them to different concepts around the discourse of leadership and helps them progress on their individual leadership journeys. The workshop involves many hands-on interactive activities, talks from motivational speakers and discussion on the different ways one can express leadership.
- The workshops involve many real-world activities, talks from motivation speakers and discussion on the different ways one can demonstrate leadership.
- Two workshops are held, the first focusing on what leadership is in general, and the second focusing on the student’s personal leadership types
- Workshops are held during the week, and run for the entire day during school hours
- The student project encourages students, at the beginning of their leadership journey, to champion something they wish to see changed within their school Alternatively, anything they would like to share and inspire other students with.
- The project would center on creating a final presentation, which the students will present at a school assembly
- A pair of mentors will be assigned to each school to guide the student participants in preparing a kickass presentation! This will involve 3 points of contact.
Key Areas of Responsibility
As project coordinator you will be required to:
- Undertake same responsibilities as a Surge Mentor
- Plan, organise and document committee meetings
- Develop strategies for development and marketing
- Source opportunities for and execute external media exposure
- Implement social media strategy
- Facilitate communication within the committee
- Create media content including fliers and advertisement
- Review and polish all outgoing communication such as workshop materials and social and external media content as necessary
- Work directly with the Media and Communications team on the greater YWB NEC
Organisational Culture and Teamwork:
- Demonstrate an active, dedicated commitment to the Youth Without Borders Mission and Strategic Plan.
- Actively seek to understand, represent and support Youth Without Borders’s vision and values and organizational position to all stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Actively contribute to a positive workplace culture in accordance with Youth Without Border’s Code of Conduct, Policies & Procedures.
Have questions? – Email us here email@example.com