Stride – Organising Committee Volunteer
Youth Without Borders’ Stride is a personal development weekend to empower young women from refugee migrant backgrounds towards achieving their goals via connecting and learning from youth mentors who are established young women of colour within Australia.
The personal development weekend will be held over 2.5 days and involve a combination of:
- hands on interactive activities
- talks from motivational speakers
- discussion around career pathways
- discussions around the cultural context in modern Australia
- personal reflection and goal setting
Project Coordinator Avrithi Misthry
3-5 hours per week
There are three positions available on the project organising committee as well as eight additional general mentor positions. If you are only interested in volunteering as a Mentor please click here!
Please note that if you are selected as part of the organising committee you will automatically also be a mentor during the execution weekend.
Organising Committee Members must be available for the following key dates:
- Organising Committee Inductions – 12th June
- Fortnightly Meetings
- Staff Selection Day- 4th Septemeber
- Staff Training Day- 1st October
- Personal Development Weekend (tentative date):
Friday Night 21st October – Sunday Night 23rd October
Organisational Culture and Teamwork
- Demonstrate an active, dedicated commitment to the Youth Without Borders Mission and Strategic Plan.
- Actively seek to understand, represent and support Youth Without Borders’s vision and values and organizational position to all stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Actively contribute to a positive workplace culture in accordance with Youth Without Border’s Code of Conduct, Policies & Procedures.