Stride – Mentor Coordinator
The Mentor Coordinator will have both specific responsibilities as part of the organising committee but will also be a mentor during the professional development weekend. For mentoring responsibilities please click here!
Key Areas of Responsibility
As a mentor coordinator you will work with the Project Manager Avrithi to deliver the below:
- Develop mentor selection criteria
- Develop a targeted plan to advertise and recruit the mentoring team
- Organise and execute the mentor selection day
- Organise and execute the mentor training day
- Work with the Logistics Coordinator to develop the staffing matrixes that will be used to timetable the personal development weekend
- Develop and distribute acceptance packs to our mentors. This will include things like what to bring lists, permission forms and personal information surveys (emergence contacts, dietary requirements etc.)
- Coordinate and account for signed participation and media acceptance forms from all mentors
- Collaborate with the Logistics Coordinator to assign mentors to organise a facilitate the relevant activities of the personal development weekend
- Coordinate the travel logistics of all mentors to and from the camp.
- Facilitate the during and camp and large post project feedback and debrief with all the mentors
- Participate in the assessment and review of the overall program to develop recommendations for improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Result Areas
- Mentors are recruited in a timely manner
- All mentor permission forms are returned and accounted for in a timely manner
- Organise and execute the mentor selection and training days on schedule
- Create debriefs that allow insightful statistic information about the program to be collated from the mentors
- Leave a legacy of clear documentation on how to conduct the financial officer role to pass onto the next generation of volunteers who will run the program
Organisational Culture and Teamwork
- Demonstrate an active, dedicated commitment to the Youth Without Borders Mission and Strategic Plan.
- Actively seek to understand, represent and support Youth Without Borders’s vision and values and organizational position to all stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Actively contribute to a positive workplace culture in accordance with Youth Without Border’s Code of Conduct, Policies & Procedures.
- Any experience in leaderships positions and/or volunteer
- Demonstrated ability to implement and maintain efficient records management systems and in particular risk management
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate instructions and think laterally to solve problems, coupled with an ability to work both autonomously (self starter) and as a productive member of the team.
- Demonstrated highly effective time management skills, highly organised and ability to prioritise workload and ability to coordinate multiple projects / events and meet deadlines.
- Must successfully undertake relevant police/working with children checks
- Demonstrated understanding of the culture of the organization and belief in the mission, vision and objects.