Secretary – National Executive Committee
To ensure the smooth functioning of the Management Committee by the effective and up-to-date organization and administration of key documents, meetings and events which support Youth Without Borders services, opportunities and programs. This requires developing and close working partnership with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Youth Without Borders Chief Executive Officer
Part-Time (average of 5 hours per week but up to 15 hours per week, inclusive of management committee meetings).
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and implement an Organisational Data Policy to ensure requisite retention of documents and records
- With regards to Management Committee meetings:
- Set agenda with CEO
- Compile and circulate papers to management committee members one week prior to meetings
- Check Committee members have carried out agreed actions
- Take minutes during meetings
- Distribute finalised minutes within three working days,
- Initiate and direct action to give practical effect to decisions
- Assist with/attend to signing of contracts and other documentation in connection with administrative matters
- Review Youth Without Borders General Members Insurance and made a recommendations to the board as to how it should be renewed.
- Ensure adherence with the Youth Without Borders Constitution, Mission, Values and Vision and raise concerns to the CEO
- Prepare a company secretarial report in partnership with the CEO, to the Board of Directors’ meetings covering such areas as:
- Key project progress updates – collected from the relevant Project Managers
- CEO’s update on the function of the membership committee
- Membership statistics
- Monitor, track and report activities relevant to the role.
- Actively participation in management committee meetings and professional development relevant to the role.
- Other matters as reasonably required by Directors from time to time
Organisational Culture and Teamwork:
- Demonstrate an active, dedicated commitment to the Youth Without Borders Mission and Strategic Plan.
- Actively seek to understand, represent and support Youth Without Borders’s vision and values and organizational position to all stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Actively contribute to a positive workplace culture in accordance with Youth Without Border’s Code of Conduct, Policies & Procedures
- Participate in National & International Youth Without Borders initiatives, projects and events.
- Experience in Project Management, Teamwork and/or Secretarial roles, including any study including tertiary education (current or completed).
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality documents which involve engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate instructions and think laterally to solve problems, coupled with an ability to work both autonomously (self starter) and as a productive member of the team.
- Demonstrated highly effective time management skills, highly organised and ability to prioritise workload and ability to coordinate multiple projects / events and meet deadlines.
- Must successfully undertake relevant police/working with children checks
Key Result Areas
- Develop a good working relationship with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Develop and carry out an action plan to practically implement the Organisational Data Policy
- Ensure the highest possibility of successful management committee meetings through timely and comprehensive preparation and post meeting.
- Effective management and quality control of membership data including data storage and recording and reporting processes.
- Efficient coordination of membership engagement events and campaigns, and assistance with fundraising initiatives.
No Fields Found.