Policy and Procedure Writer
To assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive policy framework (and standard operating procedures) that establishes an organisational framework that enables Youth Without Borders to achieve its strategic goals. This position works in support of the Policy and Processes Executive for YWB in order to provide additional manning to the portfolio.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Draft revisions to existing policies in collaboration with the Policy and Processes Executive in order to bring them into alignment with Youth Without Borders current strategic goals.
- Assist the Policy and Processes Executive in the standardisation of the policy framework and accompanying procedures across Youth Without Borders including governance, decision making processes, code of conduct, succession planning and information management systems
- Support the Policy and Processes Executive in standardising and documenting policies and procedures for Youth Without Borders projects
- Actively participate in professional development activities relevant to the role and attend management meetings in the policy director’s absence as required.
- Understudy the policy director in order to be prepared to assume the role should the need arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferably Australian based – those outside of Australia will still be considered based on relevant experience and skills.
Policy and Process Executive who sits on the National Executive Committee
Key Result Areas
- Effective policy framework and standard operating procedures are implemented in such a way that is simple and hence easily utilised by volunteers within the organization
- There is a process for routinely reviewing implemented policy framework and standard operating procedures to ensure relevance and that it is maintained at a ‘best practice level’.
- The policy framework and standard operating procedures minimise organizational risk and ensure the regulatory compliance of the organization.
Organisational Culture and Teamwork:
- Demonstrate an active, dedicated commitment to the Youth Without Borders Mission and Strategic Plan.
- Actively seek to understand, represent and support Youth Without Borders’s vision and values and organizational position to all stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Actively contribute to a positive workplace culture in accordance with Youth Without Border’s Code of Conduct, Policies & Procedures.
1. Experience in translating organisational ideas/goals into instructions and framework policies that enable their accomplishment, including any work or study including tertiary education (current or completed).
2. Ability to research best practices and current best practice minimums and be able to implement them appropriately to a context.
4. Ability to work independently with little to no direct supervision. This requires highly developed initiative but also the ability to understand and operate within stated intent, implied tasks, constraints and restrictions.
2. Excellent written and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate ideas and think laterally to solve problems, coupled with an ability to work both autonomously (self starter) and as a productive member of the team.
3. Demonstrated highly effective time management skills, highly organised and ability to prioritise workload and ability to contribute to multiple projects / events and meet deadlines.
5. Must successfully undertake relevant police/working with children checks
6. Ability to translate organisational ideas/goals into instructions and framework policies that enable their accomplishment
No Fields Found.