Marketing and Communications Executive
To plan, manage and help with the implementation of a marketing and communication strategy to effectively promote Youth Without Borders, its services and programs to engage young people as well as the wider community.
Preferably Australian based – those outside of Australia will still be considered based on relevant experience and skills.
Part-Time (average of 5 hours per week but up to 15 hours per week, inclusive of management committee meetings)
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain and update content as required on the Youth Without Borders website/s and social media (Facebook and Twitter).
- Develop, review and implement internal and external communication strategies and projects.
- Coordinate design production for campaign material including management of ordering, printing and delivery requirements as required.
- Content development, review and proofing of marketing communications including but not limited to websites, social media, collateral, reports and email campaigns.
- Coordinate promotional events and campaigns, and assist with fundraising initiatives.
- Project management of national merchandise orders including liaison with external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the management of communications databases including updating and maintaining membership data.
- Project management of multimedia promotional activities.
- Monitor, track and report activities relevant to the role.
- Assist in the implementation of Action Plans and the Marketing and Communications Unit Work Plan.
- Active participation in management committee meetings and professional development relevant to the role.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Result Areas
- Ongoing effective monitoring, content management and redevelopment of Youth Without Border’s website/s and social media sites (specifically Twitter and Facebook).
- Effective management of marketing and communications projects including design, content, production, execution and reporting.
- Efficient coordination of promotional events and campaigns, and assistance with fundraising initiatives.
- Effective quality control, coordination and sourcing of printing and merchandise.
Organisational Culture and Teamwork:
- Demonstrate an active, dedicated commitment to the Youth Without Borders Mission and Strategic Plan.
- Actively seek to understand, represent and support Youth Without Borders’s vision and values and organizational position to all stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Actively contribute to a positive workplace culture in accordance with Youth Without Border’s Code of Conduct, Policies & Procedures.
1. Experience in Marketing and Communications, including any study including tertiary education (current or completed).
2. Demonstrated experience using social medai and website content management platforms to drive engagement.
3. Demonstrated ability to produce high quality communications projects including content, design, production and execution.
4. Excellent written and interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate instructions and think laterally to solve problems, coupled with an ability to work both autonomously (self starter) and as a productive member of the team.
5. Demonstrated highly effective time management skills, highly organised and ability to prioritise workload and ability to coordinate multiple projects / events and meet deadlines.
6. Outline how this role will help you develop as a Marketing and Communications professional.
7. Must successfully undertake relevant police/working with children checks