Stride Mentee Application
What is Stride?
Stride is a personal development weekend to empower recently arrived young women aged 17-24. The weekend promises a range of activities to allow participants to imagine their future career in a global economy and start a social and professional network via connecting and learning from youth mentors who are established young women within Australia.It is a collaboration with the MDA as part of their MYVP. The Migrant Youth Vision Program is a pilot program linking newly arrived young people to opportunities in education, employment, training and sport.
What can you expect at Stride?
A JAM-PACKED weekend including:
- hands on interactive activities
- talks from motivational speakers
- discussion around career pathways
- discussions around the cultural context in modern Australia
- personal reflection and goal setting
- connecting with other young women who are like-minded and have similar lived experiences and aspirations
- Young women between the ages of 17-24
- From a refugee or migrant background. Preferably have arrived in Australia in the last 5 years but not limited to this. All applications will be considered.
- Located in Brisbane and surrounding areas.
- Answers to the three questions about yourself at the end of the below application form.
21-23 October 2016
Please note that this is an overnight camp and all participants will need to attend for the duration of the weekend.
Gold Coast Recreation Centre, Tallebudgera
Successful applicants receive a full scholarship which will cover all costs including accommodation, food, activities and travel to and from Brisbane.